Saturday, May 20, 2006

Multiple personalities...

I volunteered in my son's classroom yesterday helping to organize a Greek lunch after their weeks of studying Greek culture and mythology. The kids all dressed up like Greek Gods and had a wonderful lunch of chicken, rice, greek salad, pita bread and hummus. I haven't had much time to volunteer all year, so I'm trying to make up for it by doing extra things now that the semester is over.

I realized that I have to have multiple personalities to navigate in that volunteer world. Some moms work, many do not and I've only met one that is also a student. Sometimes I have to stop myself and think of something I have in common with these other moms in this very privileged world our children live in--where moms will spend many hours and hundreds of dollars to create a Greek feast to help their children learn about Greek culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home