Tuesday, November 28, 2006

God Bless you, Dr. Stevenson...

One of our favorite professors, Bob Stevenson, died this past weekend. Even though I knew he'd been struggling with heart problems since last summer, I was still shocked when I heard he'd had a fatal heart attack. He looked so well the last time he was at school, just a couple of weeks ago.

I was fortunate enough to take Bob's stats class last spring. His specialty was International Communication, so I felt like I was getting a two-fer. He would teach us stats using examples from International Communication.

Bob's birthday was in January, before school started each year, so I started a two-year tradition of bringing him his favorite cake during the first week of school each January to celebrate--carrot cake. He was an amazing cook and even shared his carrot cake recipe with me. I am not the best cook in the world, but everyone seemed to enjoy his recipe last year on his birthday.

I think I'll make his carrot cake recipe again in January to remember all that was kind and good about our teacher, Bob Stevenson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home