Wednesday, November 01, 2006

ABD!

I passed my oral defense of my comprehensive exams and my dissertation proposal on Monday. I'm still in a daze from it all, but I can now call myself, "PhD Candidate". Wow.

I told my children that they deserved to celebrate this achievement with me because I am the only woman in my co-hort with children and I am the first to be ABD. They put up with my writing all summer, giving up their week at the beach so that I could get this done.

I never would have attempted a doctoral degree without the support and encouragement from my husband who is an academic. He is amazed that I accomplished this is just over 2 years, but I told him that he has had me in training for this for a long time.

This was definitely a team effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home