Monday, September 11, 2006

Does professor mean multi-tasker?

As a grad student, I suppose we get a taste of what life will be as a professor. I'm wondering if we'll still be multi-tasking as much as I seem to these days:
--teaching assistant
--working on dissertation
--research assistant
--applying for jobs
--finishing up previous studies with other colleagues
--finalizing papers for conferences/journals

And this does not include my other job(s):
--chauffer
--homework assistant
--playmate
--disciplinarian
--cook
--(sometimes)laundress
--school volunteer
--personal shopper
--spouse
--mother

Whew, I'm exhausted already. I guess the one thing we have (as mentioned in that NY Times article) is control over our own time. I just can't wait for there to be some time left to control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home