Friday, April 29, 2005

The new CEO of GM should be my husband

My husband and I worked for GM in the early '80s, when they were then in a state of morass and decline. I had been one of their first liberal arts co-op students and stayed on after graduation from Albion College. My husband had been a summer intern (I got him the job!) and also stayed on after graduation from Princeton to work on the Oldsmobile Division in Lansing, Michigan, our hometown. Even then, we knew that things were bad, judging from the looks of the Cadillac Cimarron, which looked oddly similar to our much cheaper Chevy Cavalier. That was not a good sign. Needless to say, but we left to go back to Business School at the University of Michigan, seeing the writing on the wall. Not to brag, but my husband is a very smart man, and he has always had ideas about how to turn GM around, so I would propose that GM do what Ben & Jerry's did, when they needed a new CEO: let people apply for the position. Who knows what new energy and ideas they might get? It might just be what they need to survive. I nominate my husband, Aneil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home