Thursday, April 28, 2005

Re-entry...

There is now a term for people who go back to school later in life--Re-Entry. UNC even has written material for professors to educate them about older students so that they can help them make that transition with re-entry. We read the material in pedagogy. It is commendable that the University is trying to help returning students feel more comfortable in the classroom. Now that I have experiences re-entry for myself, I will have even more compassion for those students when I am a professor. While I have loved learning and am very grateful to have the opportunity to be back in school, re-entry is not easy. Re-entry makes everything about school--studying, exams, moving backward from teaching to being a student, as well as the normal collegial sniping--a bit more challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home