Saturday, July 01, 2006

Love notes at the meat market...

The job market is starting to swing into gear. For academics, it means we look for jobs now for the Fall of 2007. It seems early to start looking, but we're already getting our curriculum vitaes ready to go.

My husband and I are both going to our annual conferences where there will be many interviews for jobs. Some call it the "meat market", where you get your 15 minutes with each university to tell them how wonderful you are, yet some also describe my meeting as one where you'll get lots of "love notes" from prospective universities asking to set up an interview.

Those two terms don't seem to go together--am I entering a meat market or will there be love notes? Maybe it's a bit of both--I'll know more in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home