Friday, December 29, 2006

Just a typical mom...

This article identifies ways moms relax, including reading magazines. I can identify with this. After reading journal article upon journal article, it is nice to find a magazine I can sift through, without worrying whether or not this builds upon someone else's theory or contributes to the growth of my own theory. Sometimes, moms just want to use a magazine to relax.

This also shows, however, that moms multi-task with media. Many studies have shown how teens multi-task with media, but we moms are getting used to it, too. We have to juggle many things already--why not media, too?

We can make dinner while our children are watching Scooby-Doo, while listening to All Things Considered while checking email on our blackberry (which my husband calls my crackerberry!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home