Monday, March 13, 2006

PR Conference was terrific...

I just got back from the 9th Annual International Public Relations Research Conference in Miami where I presented my paper on "Help or Hype" during Hurricane Katrina. There were so many interesting topics and so many interesting people from all over the world.

It was great experience to present in front of professors and practitioners and it was fun to hear what other topics people are working on. I even got to tour the beautiful campus at the University of Miami, where the weather was gorgeous. I'm not sure I could concentrate enough on my work if I could sit in the library and look out the window at palm trees. They even opened up a Starbucks on campus right next to the library. My sister, a new PhD student in the School of Education, said that the library even allows Starbucks in the library--shhhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home