Thursday, March 16, 2006

Why don't we make it easy for women to return to school?

I met a woman today at an event for our local chapter of the American Marketing Association, held at SAS. When she found out that I was in school, she mused aloud that it was something she had thought of, but had so many questions about what she would get her advanced degree in and how she would juggle it with her new baby and her career.

It made me wonder why universities make it so hard for people like her to find out more about their programs. She had been actively seeking information, yet didn't know much about what was available to her. There are so many good schools in our area, yet, I was the one telling her about all of them, even though I'm a UNC student. I'm sure she is not the only one thinking about this. There must be someplace for prospective students to get this type of information. I'm going to track it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home