Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The school year is done...

I just turned in my final 35-page paper for the semester at UNC, which coincidentally was a paper on bloggers for my class on organizational communication. That project is what prompted this blog. One of the bloggers I met at the weekly Chapel Hill meet-up suggested that I post my paper in small bits, which I just might do.

This semester has flown by so quickly. I have learned so much about journalism, advertising, teaching, and research. It has been a blast. Too bad that I had to read this depressing commentary on the field of journalism. Rather than be so pessimistic, I would like to look at the landscape as one that is full of possibilities--one where all graduates can use their talents in many different ways. In my previous teaching at WFU, I have always encouraged my students to figure out what their talents are as well as what they enjoy the most and find a way to work where those two come together. That seems to be a much healthier way to look at the world. That is what I am trying to do with my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home