Sunday, September 11, 2005

Joining the Conversation...

We are reading We the Media by Dan Gillmor in my blogging class. He makes an interesting point in his first chapter that blogging is allowing ordinary people to "join the conversation", whether it is a journalistic conversation or a market conversation. Blogging levels the playing field, allowing equal access to the publishing sphere. I suppose that I don't think of myself so much as a publisher, but as one who is expressing herself in a new way. My topic is of no interest to no one but me, but that is fine, because writing is cathartic for me.

There are other bloggers, however, that publish information on topics that we might never have had access to, if they had not started blogging. In that respect, their voices add to our global conversation, and we are all wiser as a result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home